Saturday, September 23, 2006

i know

i know
i know
you're ...

and
you know
i am
....
2.

and
i have
no desire
to change that
for either
one of us

But

there are times

oh my, yes, there are times.

when just seeing your
sweet smelling
tossed hair
round bottomed
sparkle eyed
self
walking toward me,

makes me crazy!

makes me want to
devour you
love you till you
think of me
with
every step
you take.

kiss
till our
lips are so chapped
it hurts to smile

hug till our
arms
ache

i want to
lay in dimlight
just a breath
away from you
and drink you

what a rush
you are.

i have to
stop now,
before
i sound
even more foolish
than i am

please
just take this
and
put it in
that special place
where no one
ever looks.

tuck it
among the
yellowed snapshots
and tattered letters.

and
some
old
day,
as you are
shuffling
thru
memories,

perhaps
you will
find this
piece of paper

and
wonder what might have been

or
better yet

you'll smile.

No comments: